| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(HomeGarden247.com, September 09, 2019 ) Market Overview
Submit Home & Garden Press Release
• AUDS (Anti-UAV Defence System) is a counter drone system that is designed to disrupt and neutralise unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) or unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) engaged in hostile airborne surveillance and potentially malicious activity.
• However, drones are evolving beyond their military origin to become powerful business tools. They have already made the leap to the consumer market, and now they are being put to work in commercial applications such as firefighting, mining, surveying, and farming, among others. Therefore, rising R&D expenditure and growing usage of anti-done system in commercial application is expected to boost market growth during the forecast period (2019-2026).
• The report covers all the major trends and drivers playing a vital role in the growth of the anti-drone market. The global anti-drone market has been segmented based on region, type and application.
• The global anti-drone market growth is primarily driven by rise in concerns about the potential security threats of drones; there has been increased usage of anti-drone technology to neutralize the drones. In addition, tremendous growth in military and defense spending will further fuel growth in the global anti-drone market. For instance, According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), total world military expenditure rose to $1,822 billion in 2018, representing an increase of 2.6 per cent from 2017. The five biggest spenders in 2018 were the United States, China, Saudi Arabia, India and France, which together accounted for 60% of global military spending.
• Apart from the defense sector, the anti-drone systems are also being procured by homeland securities and law enforcement agencies to counter unidentified drones entering critical infrastructures. For instance, in the US, under the Department of Homeland Security’s unity of effort initiative, components and the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), Office of Policy, and Office of Public Affairs, work together to address threats such as threats from unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
• Therefore, deploying anti-drone systems to ensure safety and security from illicit drones by various governments across the globe is expected to drive the global anti-drone market over the forecast period.
• By type, the global anti-drone market is segmented into detection system (radar-based, passive optics, active optics, acoustics, RF emissions and others) and neutralizing system (jamming, interception, drone rifles, drone capture nets, laser, and others). In 2018, neutralizing segment was accounted for the majority share in the market. These defense measures are primarily used for detection, identification, and classification of UAVs, and to undergo neutralization steps to counter the unauthorized drones. For instance, Lockheed Martin Corp. (US) is as a global security and aerospace company offering advanced technology-based systems and related services. Lockheed Martin engineers are collaborating with customers and academia to research, develop, and implement the technology that will detect and defeat drones.
• By application, the global anti-drone market is segmented into military & defense, commercial (public venues, critical infrastructure, and others), and homeland security. In 2018, military & defense segment accounted for the majority share in the market.
• However, the use of drones has increased rapidly in recent years in commercial applications as well. Mainly due to rise in use of drones for professional and leisure applications, therefore, resulting in the increased concerns regarding aerial attacks among public and government spaces. Several public safety departments as well as commercial establishments across the globe are increasingly deploying anti-drone systems in order to address the growing need for security. These factors are expected to boost growth in global market over the forecast period.
• By geography, the global Anti-Drone market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, South America, and the Middle East and Africa (MEA).
• In 2018, North America accounted for the largest market share. However, APAC is expected to witness a higher CAGR than other regions during the forecast period.
• The aerospace and defense sector, especially in U.S., is witnessing a growing adoption of anti-drone systems and technologies. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in U.S. has been testing various counter-UAS technologies at several airports across the country over the past few years, further escalating the product demand. In addition, the U.S. military forces, along with the other North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) members, have been using these systems in war-torn areas of Afghanistan and Syria, resulting in escalating product sales across the region.
• Europe is expected to witness a significant growth during the forecast period, mainly due to rise in investments in laser-based anti-drone systems. In August 2018, the British Army placed an order for Israeli anti-drone system, thereby becoming the first customer for the new and advanced Drone Dome system. The Drone Dome built by Rafael can disable an airborne UAS with a two-second concentration from its 5Kw hard kill laser effector.
• Global Anti-Drone Market is moderately concentrated with the presence of global and regional players in the market with key players accounting for majority share in the market. Key prominent players in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market shares and profitability.
• Some key players in the market are Lockheed Martin Corp., Thales Group, Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd., Saab AB, Raytheon Co., Dedrone, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd, Security and Counterintelligence Group, DroneShield Ltd., Liteye Systems, Inc., Theiss UAV Solutions, LLC, BSS Holland BV, Prime Consulting & Technologies, and among others.
• In July 2019, in India, Gujarat police has decided to purchase an anti-drone system. Trial run of the anti-drone radar was held during the recently in the city. The system was kept near the temple premises to detect and locate UAVs and act to prevent harm to civilians.
• In November 2018, the US Army awarded Raytheon Co. (US) a contract (worth USD 191 million) for Ku-band radio frequency radars. KuRFS, an advanced electronically scanned array system, fills an immediate US Army operational need for a C-UAV radar. Already deployed, KuRFS delivers precision fire control and "sense and warn" capability for multiple missions, including detection of the rocket, artillery, and mortar, and swarming UAS threats.
View full sample report: https://www.datamintelligence.com/research-report/anti-drone-market
Download free sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/anti-drone-market
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at Data M Intelligence
Tel: +1 877 441 4866
+1 877 441 4866
| Submit Home & Garden website