| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(HomeGarden247.com, July 10, 2018 ) "The Baby Food Sector in Portugal, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Portuguese market.
Submit Home & Garden Press Release
The baby food sector declined sharply up to 2014, but seemed to turn a corner in 2015 and 2016 thanks to increased birth numbers, an improved economy, and higher disposable incomes. A drop in the number of births in 2017, however, saw the sector dip again. Price sensitivity has held down prices, encouraged by the introduction and popularity of lower priced products. In 2017, the largest category in volume terms was baby meals, with 35.1%. Baby cereals have marginally moved ahead of baby milks, with volume shares of 32.3% and 32.2% respectively. Baby drinks and finger foods remain tiny. The supply of baby food is now in the hands of two major manufacturers - Nestlé and Danone - which hold a combined 80% of value. Both are active in all the major categories, and have local production facilities. Alter (with its Nutribén brand) is the only other significant player. Following the liberalization of the distribution of baby food in the early 1990s, pharmacies accounted for less than 10% of baby food sales in 2017, with food retailers now representing the bulk of sales. The market is expected to struggle over the next few years, as the number of births continues to decline. In total, the sector is forecast to grow by only 1.5% in volume terms, and by 16.2% in value terms.
Get sample copy of this report@ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2171045
- First-stage milks continue to account for the largest share in volume terms, despite the overall decline in the number of births. Overall, their importance has declined over the last six years, partly as a result of higher rates of breastfeeding, as well as lower birth numbers.
- Second-stage milks decreased marginally, due to the declining number of births, although it remains the second largest segment. With the advent of third-stage milks, second-stage milks have faced more competition.
- Special dietary formulae is the smallest segment, accounting for 9.4% of sales in 2017. Despite the high cost of these milks, their share has increased slightly in volume, and more clearly in value, as those mothers who can afford them have been persuaded of their benefits
- Plastic pots are offered by Nestlé and Danone, and pouches by Humana, Vitagermine, Hero, Nestlé , Danone, Nutribén, and a number of own labels including Continente. Danone, Nestlé, and Nutribén supply products in jars.
- Demand for cereals is expected to show no overall growth over the forecast period, although per capita intake levels will rise marginally, sustained by the growing popularity of new flavors and ready-to-eat variants.
Reasons to buy:
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Inquiry before buying@ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2171045
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
+1 (214) 884-6817
| Submit Home & Garden website