| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(HomeGarden247.com, July 10, 2018 ) "The Baby Food Sector in Slovakia, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Slovakia market.
Submit Home & Garden Press Release
Slovakia remains the poor neighbor of the Czech Republic and the market is smaller and less sophisticated than the Czech market. However, the economy has been picking up since 2014. The market for baby food has expanded, due to price increases and the swing towards more sophisticated products. In volume, the baby food sector grew by only 1.6% between 2011 and 2017, although since the low of 2013, it has grown by almost 11% as the number of births picked up.
Per capita consumption stood at 18.5kg in 2017 (based on the number of babies aged 0-36 months), a relatively low level for Europe. All categories have seen value growth since 2011, but only milks and wet meals have experienced volume growth. Locally manufactured products account for only a very small proportion of total consumption, and the sector is almost entirely dependent on imports from multinationals. In 2017, the top four (Danone, Hero, Hipp, and Nestlé) jointly accounted for 87% of overall value sales. Regional companies have a much lower profile, although both Hamé and Novofruct have quantifiable shares. In 2017, supermarkets/other grocery outlets accounted for over 80% of volume sales, but pharmacies continue to be important in the sale of baby milks.
Leading Key Players:
Nutricia Slovakia s.r.o. (Danone)
Hero Slovakia s.r.o.
Hipp Slovakia s.r.o
Nestlé Slovensko s.r.o
Get sample copy of this report@ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2171046
The sector is forecast to expand up to 2023, aided by an expected increase in the number of births, and the relatively buoyant state of the economy.
- The vast majority of milks on sale in Slovakia are in powder form. A number of liquid milks have been available in recent years, but in mid-2017 the only widely available brand was Nestlé Junior 1+, which is sold in 200ml packs, currently retailing at €0.91 (reduced from €1.03) per pack. BabyBio 3 is also available as a liquid (retailing at €1.41 for a 250ml bottle) but distribution is limited.
- The majority of baby milks fall into the mid-priced range, selling for US$16-US$20 per kilo, or low-priced milks costing between US$12 and US$15 per kilo.
- The baby meals/juices category ranks second by value, at 38%, which is 20 percentage points less than its volume share. Baby juices, although widely stocked, represent only a small share of the overall market
- Supermarkets are now the main sources of supply for all baby food products. Their rapid advance has undermined the position of other grocery stores and pharmacies.
- There will be a rise in the birth rate by 2023, the overall number of infants aged 0-3 will rise between 2017 and 2023, reaching almost 175,000 thousand in 2023, 2.8% higher than in 2017.
Reasons to buy:
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Inquiry before buying@ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2171046
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
+1 (214) 884-6817
| Submit Home & Garden website