| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(HomeGarden247.com, July 10, 2018 ) "The Baby Food Sector in Japan, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Japanese market.
Submit Home & Garden Press Release
Although baby food is expensive by international standards, it remains affordable to most mothers, but the market has been plagued by steeply declining birth numbers. Value sales have been static as a result of deflation and a decline in consumption of milks, the most expensive category. Volume sales have risen a little, growth mostly coming from meals and drinks, but milks have been negatively affected by rising breastfeeding rates and bad publicity. The market relies almost totally on domestic production. A handful of local manufacturers (Meiji, Wakodo, Morinaga Milk, Kewpie, Pigeon and Snow Brand Beanstalk) have dominated the market since its inception. Imports are negligible, but exports have increased strongly since 2013. The top three manufacturers accounted for 68.3% of 2017 market value. The withdrawal of Meiji from the non-milk categories in 2016 boosted the shares of most of its competitors. Pharmacies and drugstores continue to account for a significant share of value sales, thanks to their importance in milks, but specialist baby stores have seen their share rise. Supermarkets and hypermarkets (including their online shopping sites) are particularly important in urban areas, and now form the most important channel. Against the backdrop of a continuing fall in the number of births and low price rises, retail sales are not expected to show much growth in real terms between 2017 and 2023. Consumption is predicted to increase marginally.
Meiji Company Ltd
Wakodo Company Ltd
Morinaga Milk Industry
Snow Brand Milk/Bean Stalk Snow Co.
Get sample copy of this report@ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2171049
- Japanese consumers are generally very health-conscious and are used to paying relatively high prices for premium and organic products.
- Manufacturers have increased the number of ranges that do not contain the most common allergens. In late 2010, Kewpie advertised a new line as "7-dai allergen fushiyo"
- In value terms, wet meals made up 84.4% of the total in 2016, and increased over the 79.4% they claimed in 2010. In 2015 and 2016, however, the last two years for which figures are available, dry meals rallied slightly, claiming 15.6% of retail sales in 2016, compared with only 14.2% in 2014.
- With birth rates expected to continue falling, the overall size of the baby population (aged 0-3 years) is expected to decline to 2.6 million by 2023, compared with 2.9 million in 2017, a decrease of 12.4%.
Reasons to buy:
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Inquiry before buying@ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2171049
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
+1 (214) 884-6817
| Submit Home & Garden website